About Jim Fulkerson
I grew up musically in the Midland Public Schools, playing in the school band program from grades five through twelve. I also attended Interlochen Arts Academy and played in their All-State Band program. After completing my education, I played in various bands professionally for approximately twelve years. At that point, I started my teaching studio. We just celebrated the 30th anniversary of the studio and now have six teachers and over 175 students studying primarily drum set and mallet keyboards every week.
In 2003 I started the Resonators Percussion Ensemble. We have grown to 70 members ranging in age from 8 to 56, and we perform all over the state.
I am proud to say I have had students on the drumline at the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Saginaw Valley State University, Western Michigan University, Penn State, Purdue and Notre Dame.
I also played the drums on the Praise and Worship Team at Victory Christian Center for fourteen years.
- Winner of the 2007 Kendall-Pelton Musician of the Year Award
Read the Midland Daily News article…
- The Blue Rhythm Quartet led by Jim Fulkerson: Winner of the 2010 Review Music Awards Artist of the Year Award
Upcoming Resonators Concerts
- Friday, December 14, 2018 – Riverside Senior Center 6:00 pm – Studio 9 only
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 – Center for the Arts 6:30 pm – Malletheads only
- Sunday, January 27, 2019 – Library Auditorium 3:00 pm- All youth groups
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 – Art Fair 10:00 am – All groups
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 – Tunes by the Tridge 7:00 pm – All groups