About Jim Fulkerson
I grew up musically in the Midland Public Schools, playing in the school band program from grades five through twelve. I also attended Interlochen Arts Academy and played in their All-State Band program. After completing my education, I played in various bands professionally for approximately twelve years. At that point, I started my teaching studio. We just celebrated the 30th anniversary of the studio and now have six teachers and over 175 students studying primarily drum set and mallet keyboards every week.
In 2003 I started the Resonators Percussion Ensemble. We have grown to 70 members ranging in age from 8 to 56, and we perform all over the state.
I am proud to say I have had students on the drumline at the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Saginaw Valley State University, Western Michigan University, Penn State, Purdue and Notre Dame.
I also play the drums on the Praise and Worship Team at Victory Christian Center – a position I’ve held for thirteen years.
- Winner of the 2007 Kendall-Pelton Musician of the Year Award
Read the Midland Daily News article…
- The Blue Rhythm Quartet led by Jim Fulkerson: Winner of the 2010 Review Music Awards Artist of the Year Award
Upcoming Resonators Concerts
- Friday, December 1, 2017 – Midland First United Methodist Church – Studio 10 – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, December 9, 2017 – Riverside Place (downtown) – Studio 10 – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, December 16, 2017 – MCFTA – Malletheads – 7:00 pm
- Friday, February 2, 2018 – Library Auditorium – All groups – 6:45 pm
- Saturday, June 2, 2018 – MCFTA Art Fair – All Groups – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, July 26, 2018 – Tunes by the Tridge – All Groups – 7:00 pm